Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Alpha Chi Omega Are Real. Strong. Women.

Today marks day one of Alpha Chi Omega's National Ritual Celebration Week, and I hadn't planned on it but I am going to use this entry to reflect a little bit on my time as an Alpha Chi because it is a part of who I am today, who I was in a slew of my yesterdays, and a part of who I will be forever ... and I truly believe that.

I was initiated into Alpha Chi in April of 2008 and it has been an amazing three years since. I have met some of the smartest, most caring women the world has yet to encounter and I am blessed to call them my friends and even luckier to call them my sisters. These women have been with me through the good and the bad. They have stood by my side when I felt like the world was crashing down on me and when I thought all hope was lost. They brought back memories of good times (literally!). They have also been with me to celebrate my happiest moments and to party with me when partying was due.

I am amazed at how each Alpha Chi woman I meet, no matter for how long ... be it since the day I signed my bid card or for a five-minute conversation ... has touched me in some way by their character and their charisma. And this does not go for just members of my chapter. This goes for the members I have met from outside of my chapter. This goes for the excited-chipper-50-somewhat-Southern-Belle I met on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean who introduced herself to me when she saw my letters or the hoping-to-recover/soon-to-be teacher I met at a cognitive rehabilitation center. I feel as if every woman I meet is a Real. Strong. Woman. just trying to live up to Alpha Chi's Symphony and, yes, I know it's not always easy. And, yes, I know we all slip up. And, yes, I know sometimes we are all a big hot mess. But that's okay. That's why we have each other ... To pick each other up and brush each other off.




To all my Alpha Chi's out there, use this week to reflect back on your time as an Alpha Chi. Use it to share those Alpha Chi stories you know will have others rolling on the floor (okay, well maybe they had to be there ...) Call a sister you haven't talked to in a while ... They will appreciate it. Send your Big or Little some carnations and a card ... It's the little things, remember?

Oh, and a little plug here, National Panhellenic's International Badge Day is March 7, so pull out that pin attire and wear that Lyre Badge with pride and show the world why Alpha Chi Omega are Real. Strong. Women. 




Loyally,
Grad Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment