Saturday, June 11, 2011

Racists At Walmart

     So I decided to head to Walmart today to do a little shopping ... Normal enough, right? Didn't think anything of it ... Until I sent a nice little "F-U" one woman's way, which is not something I would normally do ... Yes, I would totally think about it or say it under my breath, but never look directly at someone and say it. Nope, not me at all.


     Rewind: Right beforehand I was at Walmart, I needed to go to a family friend's house for a small get together and I was in traditional clothing ... and looking pretty damn good if I say so myself, and I was in no mood to change out of them. Why should I? I wear them all them time ... To Walmart, to the grocery store, walking around the city or whatever ... the point is I wear them all over the place so I was not going to change my clothes to run into Walmart for a minute and a half.

     Fast Forward: I get out of my car and am heading to the store, when I start approaching this car, and I see this 40-some-odd woman looking at me. She turns to her mother, or whoever, and has her look at me. The moment I pass by, I hear "We don't have enough white people in this country already, and then the one's we do have, have to go and dress like that." Excuse me. I wanted to be like, "BITCH, YOU DON'T KNOW MY LIFE!" ... Instead, I calmly turned around, looked her dead in the eye, and said a nice little "F**k you," barely audible, but she knew what I said, then I turned around and walked away.


     I am appalled that people like that exist in this world. I mean, one, she's so stupid that she couldn't even come up with an insult that made sense. I can think of 100 better ones to have thrown my way. And, two, haven't we grown enough as a society to accept those around us? And even if we can't accept people, can't people simply tolerate others and not spew garbage from their  mouths? All I wanted to do was go to Walmart, buy my Yankees t-shirt (yep, Baseball ... it's America's game!), and leave ... Nothing else ... But, no, I had to lower myself and curse someone out. Sad times.

... And although there's pain in my chest, I still wish you the best with a "Fuck you!" ... (Fuck You, Cee Lo Green)


No comments:

Post a Comment