Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bronies? Like Women Don't Have Enough To Worry About.

     This is something that I heard about this morning over breakfast with the old Roomie ... and was seriously thrown aback. I warn you, what you read may disturb even the strongest of readers ...
     There is a exponentially growing number of men who call themselves "Bronies" ... Bro fanatics of, wait for it, "My Little Pony." Yep, the flamboyantly colored Ponies who ran about Dream Valley with Megan causing trouble and, of course, learning lessons!

    
     Now, seriously, like I don't have enough to worry about here with dudes looking better than me with their manicured hands and their pedicured feet, and don't even get me started on their perfectly shaped eyebrows, now I need to worry about them schooling me on old-school "girl" cartoons?! Seriously?! Come on, guys! Stick to "G.I. Joe."
     And if you want a guilty pleasure (and, I hate to say it, but probably be consistently single), stick to the old-school ways of doing it ... And play your role-playing games of D&D and LOTR. That's at least a little more manly (and a whole lot less creepy than middle-aged men who watch hours of MLP and re-draw them and have message boards about them) ... Okay, yes, I am being totally judge-y here ... But seriously.
    I really have nothing else to say.

Walk like man, talk like a man. Walk like a man, son. No woman's worth crawlin' on the Earth, so walk like a man, my son. (Walk Like A Man, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons)

4 comments:

  1. Amen my dear... Amen. Thank God I don't have to worry about that with my man. He's barely even heard of the Spice Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a little bit judgmental don't you think?

    You haven't even done research into what the whole phenomena is about, where its base lies or even which cartoon everyone is gawking over.

    No need to be so aggressive and unfriendly until you've at least looked into it a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, I should enjoy things I want to enjoy! I shouldn't have to have jerks telling me what I should and shouldn't be into.

    And I shouldn't worship the ground women walk on! I should worry what people think and just enjoy life with my buddies.

    Picking up my vibe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to clarify, we're not fans of the old 80's show, we're fans of the new series that was developed by Lauren Faust. (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) It's actually quite an entertaining show for all ages. Go look it up on YouTube if you ever find yourself with about 30minutes to kill.

    ReplyDelete