Wednesday, June 15, 2011

15 Years ... And A Bra ... Later (Dreams Really Do Come True)

     If my 24-year-old self went back and told my 9-year-old self that she would meet Howie D. and Brian Littrell (after seeing an awesome Yankees win) on Sunday night, she probably would have broke down and cried like a child and told you not to lie to her about such important/life-or-death matters.
     And if you showed her photographic proof, such as this ... She'd probably piss herself and cry.

Howie D. and ME!, 6/12/11, Izod Center
     Well, 9-year-old self, it's true ... here's the proof, so go ahead and piss yourself.

Brian Littrell, 6/12/11, Izod Center
     So, Sunday night I was getting ready to get dropped off at the NKOTBSB concert when L looked out the window and said "Is that Howie?" and I looked out the window and proceeded to lose all control of my motor skills ... and turn to my purse and search for a pen or pencil or any writing utensil while yelling "I NEED SOMETHING TO SIGN! OH MY GOD. THAT'S HOWIE. I NEED SOMETHING TO SIGN." ... Well, the only thing I found was my Yankees ticket, so I pulled that out of my purse and then tried to get out of the car, but apparently seeing one of your pre-pubescent loves means losing the ability to open a car door. I was incapable of getting out of the car. My hands were shaking, my heart was beating, and my brain was screaming, "I WILL CUT A BITCH IF I NEED TO IN ORDER TO GET AN AUTOGRAPH." I was climbing the walls with excitement.
     So, I get out the car and get in line, and by get in line I mean I cut off a whole bunch of other women who are clearly there to see New Kids because they are like 35 years old, and hold my ground because this is soooooo happening. I have waited more than half my life for this moment. And then it happens ... That one in a million moment ... Howie asks if he can take pics with anyone in groups and I say, "HOWIE! Me and her. ME AND HER!" and he was all "Okay, cool." and I was all, "OMG!" in my head ... because I am wayyyyy to old to you know scream and faint and cry over touching him ... which is sooooo what I wanted to do. He was the sweetest guy ever. I was absolutely helpless when he smiled. and now I think I see him every time I close my eyes.
      And, on top of this sheer bit of luck with Howie, some crazy lady next to L and I had a broken ankle and Brian, who wasn't even planning on really coming over to anyone, saw her and yelled over "HEY! What happened to your ankle?!" Then he came over and saw her smoking and said, "Were you smoking and you just fell over and were all ..."


He seriously was the nicest, most down to Earth guy ever and so much fun. He was jumping around and fooling around but boys will be boys and he seriously is just one grown-up boy.
     I wish Nick and AJ came over to us but I mean I was 20 feet from them and I can't really complain considering this all really happened by accident. I wouldn't have it any other way. (OK, if I really had it my way, Nick would fall madly in love with me and say he was incomplete without me in his life and then sweep me away on his tour bus for the rest of eternity ... But that's just celebrity crush fantasy world ... Plus he went all manorexic on us and he looks all skeletor ... Like AJ is bigger than him ... What's up with that!?)

Nick Carter and AJ McLean, 6/12/11, Izod Center
     Anyway, the concert was amazing, in general ... More on that in the next blog entry because I am too tired to even think about the awesomeness of the overall concert, especially with the addition of New Kids ("Cover Girl," anyone!)
     
    PS. Mad props to anyone who comments with all the BSB references used throughout this entry (hint:  there are nine.)

If you really want it good girl, get yourself a bad boy. Get it like it could be, would be, yeah like it should be. If you want it to be good girl, get yourself a bad boy. [If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy) - Backstreet Boys]

No comments:

Post a Comment