Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And On The Next Day, He Tweeted

     Pope Benedict XVI tweeted his first twit (?) today saying "Dear Friends, I just launched news.va. Praised be our Lord Jesus Christ! With my prayers and blessings, Benedictus XVI" proving that time can be wasted in even the godliest of ways.

Photo c/o the Associated Press

     As an avid user and follower of all things social media ... I still can't wrap my head around Twitter. A consistent run-down of what the Pope is up to? No fun.
     Now if it was Moses or Noah or Mary*, that would be a different story. Can you imagine those updates?

     "Who wants to see a neat trick?!? Come on down to the waterfront tonight!"

     "Ark's coming along great but I misplaced my hammer. I don't feel like walking 5 miles to trade a cow for another. This may put this endeavor on hold for a bit."

     "Don't know how I'm going to explain this one. ::Insert appropriate emo lyrics here::"

     Seriously, having a Facebook and a YouTube account are enough for the Pope (or any religious figure) to inform all his followers on everything that is going on over at the Vatican and around the world ... condensing it into 130 characters isn't going to make it anymore helpful to anyone.

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you're near? What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise? (Blessings, Laura Story)


* Peace Be Upon Them

No comments:

Post a Comment