Sunday, June 19, 2011

BTR Goes BSB, I Go WTF.

     Some people have their guilty pleasure music that they only listen to in the privacy of their own room, or through their ear buds on very low volumes ... and would never admit to anyone that they rock out hard-core to ... You know, "musicians/bands" like Justin Bieber, REO Speedwagon, Lindsay LOHANNNNN, etc. but I have no problem admitting that I rock out to all of the above and many more ... including, but not limited to, Avril Lavigne, Aqua, Air Supply, and David Hasselhoff.


     I am also an extremely big fan of anyone who sings before/during/after a career on the Disney Channel or on Nickelodeon such as Hilary Duff, Selena Gomez, Ashley Tisdale, Drake Bell, Demi Lovato, and the Jonas Brothers. My newest obsession has been Big Time Rush. A boy band with four cute 20-something year-old, funny dudes who wreak mayhem wherever they go (on their show) ... I think YES.
     Their first official single "Boyfriend" with Snoop Dogg (yeah, I don't know) was awesome ... But then this video for "Worldwide" was released and I was appalled and slightly offended.


     Anyone following my blog knows I am on a crazed BSB high right now because I met Howie and Brian exactly a week ago today, but even if it that didn't happen, even if Backstreet wasn't proverbially back, anyone born pre-1990 should recognize a slight (and by slight, I mean EXTREME) similarity between that video and a video from BSB. Anyone remember a little ditty called "I Want It That Way?"


     Four attractive men (and one man-boy ... sorry Nick, you were still pre-20-s --- Can you believe that was 1999?!?!) in a band dressed in white dancing in an airport terminal singing a song about a chick? As opposed to four attractive boys in a band dressed in white dancing in an airport terminal singing a song about a chick? The difference??? ... Oh yeah, in the end BSB has their own plane and a shit-load of screaming fans ... and BTR doesn't have the girl. 
     Oh well, BSB wins in the end, even if BTR stole half the premise for the video. Props to BSB, once again.

Invitation only, grand farewells. Crash the best one of the best ones. Clear liquor and cloudy-eyed, too early to say good-night. You have stolen my heart. You have stolen my heart. (Stolen, Dashboard Confessional)

1 comment:

  1. hahahahhahha this is awesome but in defense of BTR, the girl from the show was leaving to go to New Zealand or something.

    D.N

    ReplyDelete