Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cancer Is No Laughing Matter ... This Billboard Is.

     What PR team was sitting around thinking "Hmmmm, colon cancer? Butt jokes? ... Totally a good idea. Don't think it will offend anyone."



     My favorite thing about these billboards are the pained and shocked expressions on the faces of the people featured. It's like they are being completely surprised by their colon cancer examinations ... No warning whatsoever.


     Basically, this campaign was being run in Washington State last month and was running fine until one district refused to allow to have their name attached to the campaign after citizens complained that it was in bad taste. 
     Personally, I think the people of Washington were being a little anal retentive about the butt jokes. I mean it is a campaign for colon cancer awareness. Can't they just turn their backs to it? 
     Oh, am I going overboard with them too? ... Damn, I can see how it's easy to take it and run with it (you think Pepto works for bad analogies?)

The way you shake it, I can't believe it, I ain't never seen an ass like that. The way you move it, you make my pee-pee go da-doing doing doing. (Ass Like That, Eminem)

No comments:

Post a Comment