Friday, July 15, 2011

Honesty's The Best Policy

     I spent the day in NYC today and I seriously cannot get enough of that city. I cannot wait until I get my first job there (well, it would be my second technically, I guess ... I've already worked there once as an intern) ... Or, even better, when I marry rich and live it up (ehhhh, I'd still have to work, I'd get bored not doing anything).
     Every time you go, you see something different ... yet there are always some things you can count on ... Metrocards that won't swipe and banging into turnstiles when you keep walking, dudes in red vests selling tours who block sidewalks when you absolutely have to get somewhere, and beggars asking for your hard-earned money on the side of the street or on the subway ... And you know what, most people would think the last one is the most annoying of the three, and most times it is ... unless they are completely honest. I have always commended honesty, and today, for the first time, I had the opportunity of seeing the Times Square "Weed Man," and while he doesn't actually use his earnings for weed, at least his sign seems honest enough.


     Along with these other fellows I found just looking around online ... If I saw them on the street, I'd give them dollar or two (and a thumbs up) just for being honest.





You with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged; Oh, I realize, it's hard to take courage in a world full of people. You can lose sight of it all and the darkness inside of you can make you feel so small. But I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors and that's why I love you, so don't be afraid to let them show. Your true colors - true colors - are beautiful like a rainbow. (True Colors, Cyndi Lauper) 

No comments:

Post a Comment