Sunday, February 26, 2012

Go Small, Or Go Home

     If you have ever been to Victoria's Secret and offered them up your name and email address, you have undoubtedly received one of these in the mail ...


     And been uber excited to run to VS that moment to grab your freebie undies and, if you're anything like me (meaning broke and/or cheap), nothing else.
     So, yesterday, I received a similar coupon for a free lace-trim hip-hugger and even though the coupon said it was valid starting on the 28th, I ran there anyway - hoping they would accept it ... and they did. The nice salesgirl showed me the table where all the lace-trim hip-huggers were laid out and I was in undie heaven.
     Until confusion stuck. I mean I always knew they hid the dreaded EXTRA LARGE undies at the very bottom of the displays, in the bottom drawers, where they could be hidden from sight ... but I didn't see the drawer marked XL. So then I circled the display and I didn't see a single drawer marked XL. So I grabbed a large, thinking, "They're free. Who cares if they're sold out."
     I walked over the counter to "pay" and asked the girl about the XL undies and her response ... 
     VS stopped carrying extra large's in every style of underwear (except one) for almost a year at this point. They also stopped carrying a size 40 bra.
     SKINNY BITCHES WHO RUN THE FASHION INDUSTRY SAY WHAT?!?!?!
     Now, as Joy Nash pointed out in this hilarious video, I know the fashion industry thinks some women "barely deserve to be allowed to wear clothing ..." but has it come to the point where we can't buy underwear either?! 
     Damn, son. That's just wrong.
     Oh, and for the record, even when VS had an extra large, it never really was an extra large... It was more like a large disguised as an extra large ... because those things ran small, so why I even picked up that large is beyond me.
     All I know is ... VS is not making anymore money off of me. (The little that they were.)

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your trunk? ... I drive these brothers crazy. I do it on the daily. They treat me really nicely. They buy me all these ices. Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi and that Donna Karan. They be sharing, all their money got me wearing fly. Brother, I ain't asking. They say they love my ass in Seven jeans, True Religion. I say no but they keep giving. (My Humps, Black Eyed Peas)



No comments:

Post a Comment