Monday, January 9, 2012

Green Bay Goes Greek

    
     Aaron Rodgers and Graham Harrell, both quarterbacks for the Green Bay Packers, were initiated into the bond of Tau Kappa Epsilon on January 5.
     They were initiated into the Sigma Xi chapter at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin.
    
Photo c/o www.tke.org

     Not sure why they decided to pledge now ... Rodgers is 28 and Harrell is 26 but I mean there's no harm in going Greek especially if you're an NFL star. I mean it's not like you're gonna end up in this situation ...


     Not that I find that scene all that realistic ... But they also aren't going to get to enjoy the many benefits that pledging during your college years bring you! 
     One thing I did read as to why they decided on now ... and on TKE ... is that both men are already very involved with St. Jude Children's Hospital and that is the philanthropy that TKE benefits, and that Rodgers was interested in joining TKE back in college but his coach wouldn't let him because of time constraints. 
     Additionally, from what I understand the dude in the middle of that picture is Dan Zegers and according to the Sigma Xi website, he is the Rush Chair for the chapter ... and, being the inquisitive person that I am, I googled his name ... and according to his Linkedin profile, he does something with equipment and college scouting for the Green Bay Packers ... so he straight up recruited the two of them.
     My sorority could have used a recruiter as good as him back in my day. Damn.

Now I've seen you in blue and I've seen you in yellow but only you red will do for this fellow 'cuz you are the Abbot to my Costello and you are the fruit to my loom ... Red solo cup. I fill you up. Let's have a party. Let's have a party. I love you, Red Solo Cup, I lift you up. Proceed to party. Proceed to party. (Red Solo Cup, Toby Keith)

1 comment:

  1. they did it now because they were told by they're college football coaches that they did not have the time to pledge because it would to much of a commitment and football was already a big commitment.

    ReplyDelete