Tuesday, September 6, 2011

... Imagination, Barbie's Wedding Creation ...

     I don't know who has seen these wedding pictures but all I know is that Barbie is one lucky lady. She might have dumped Ken for a short while (let's face it, he was probably being a jerk ... Can you imagine all the ToyLand ladies who would want to get with him!? He does have some rock hard abs!) but she got back with him and they are living the dream ... I mean the couple must be making bank. She is a doctor, an astronaut, a veterinarian, a flight attendant, a teacher, a paratrooper ... just to name a few of her hats! (I'm not sure what Ken does ... I actually think he's the one in the couple who stands around and looks pretty, but that's cool because Mama's bringin' home the dough.)


     Bottom line, Barbie and Ken are loaded ... and they could afford the wedding of a lifetime. And that's just what they got. And I am super jealous of them. And I never thought I'd sound crazy enough to say I was jealous of a doll/fictional couple. I've never even been jealous of those insane billion dollar shindigs on the Wedding channel.
     Photographer Beatrice deGuigne shot the wedding and I was amazed at how she captured the details so intimately. How many times did you marry off Ken and Barbie as a child!? I know I must have done it a million times over ... Even if I didn't have a Ken doll. I filled him in with random G.I. Joe's and Little Green Army Men ... But no wedding was ever as romantic as this (and in the back of my mind Barbie was me ... and G.I. Joe was the future Mr. Me ... and I still didn't plan anything this good!).
     Here are my fave shots of the wedding. To view the whole wedding ... go here.

"Here, bro. Let me help you with that."

"You guys are my best friends. I promise when Barbie says so, you can ride
in the pink Corvette ... when you're not working at Abercrombie."

"I wonder what Ken is doing right now?
I bet he's thinking about me."

"Oh Barbie! You make the most beautiful bride I've ever seen!
Some brides look so fake on their wedding day but not you!"

"Wanna go for a ride, Barbie?"

"Oh, I love you, Ken! ... I would go for that ride ...
 but we need to get married right about now."

"WE DO!"

... Tonight's gonna be a good night ...

Picture Perfect Wedding!

I'm a Barbie Girl ... This is my Barbie World.

     Isn't that an awesome wedding?! My favorite part is the first dance. The lighting is so pretty. I can just imagine the music in the background ... But lucky for you, you won't have to because I chose a wedding song just for Ken and Barbie! (It's been one of my favorites since I was about one or two years old ... It is soooo getting played at my wedding ... No questions asked.)

So this is love, so this is what makes life divine. I'm all aglow, and now I know, the key to all Heaven is mine. My heart has wings and I can fly. I'll touch every star in the star. So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of - so this is love. (So This Is Love, James Ingram)


Side Note: My favorite is still the original.

1 comment: