Wednesday, July 4, 2012

They're Going To The Chapel ... Or Getting A Ring ... Or Having A Baby ...

     I recently returned from a destination wedding of a friend ...

     And before that I had five weddings in the month of June.

     Let's not count the number of engagements that happened in between the weddings ... or the list of people having babies ... or moving in with their significant others ... It's gotten to the point of no return. It's gotten to the point where I cannot sign onto Facebook without seeing another hand-over-hand, shiny engagement ring finger picture thing or sonogram that I feel the need to congratulate people on ... It's getting a little crazy.
     And I know I'm at the age where this is going to happen ...
     Let's face it ... mid-twenties ... It's like people begin to pair off and find their own special spot in the wild.


     But can't they keep it to themselves so that the rest of us ... the ones just chillin' ... trying to get our lives together and find jobs and scrape together enough money to pay car payments and buy Ramen don't need to be consistently reminded of the fact that we are doing it alone.


     I mean I can take solace in the fact that I have a whole freakin' savanna to search and meet potentials ... while the others are stuck with their one and only ... But other times it might be nice to have that one and only, so quit reminding us gazelles of it.

If we could talk with the animals, learn their languages, maybe take an animal degree. We'd study elephant and eagle, buffalo and beagle, alligator, guinea pig, and flea. (Talk To The Animals, Bing Crosby)

No comments:

Post a Comment