Friday, May 11, 2012

Macho, Macho Military Man ...

We have now come to understand that there is no such thing as moderate Islam. It is therefore time for the United States to make our intentions clear. This barbaric ideology will no longer be tolerated. Islam must change or we will facilitate its self-destruction.


- Lt. Col. Matthew Dooley

     If you are shocked, appalled, in disbelief, etc. of what you just read ... Join the club. Especially considering that those words were spoken in a course presentation in Virginia last year. I also cannot believe that a it took a top military officer and the Pentagon condemning the class which advocated a war against Islam (and Muslims, in general) before having the course and the professor suspended.
     The story broke after course material, entitled "So What Can We Do? A Counter-Jihad Op Design Model," for the course entitled Perspectives on Islam and Islamic Radicalism, was posted on wired.com.


     The thing that really upsets me is that there must have been numerous high-level military officers who sat through Dooley's presentation and did not report him to whomever was in charge. I understand that military academies are going to have classes based around the Middle East, based around Islam, based around Islamic Extremists ... that all makes sense to me and I don't have a problem with that ... It probably keeps our military men and women (and us, in turn) safer ... But when this guy started "teaching," did no one notice that something was a little off with his ideologies?
     Another thing that is bothering me is that this guy teaches this class ... gets condemned by the U.S. military and government ... and then gets suspended, but still gets to keep his job? Doesn't that seem a little off too? My guess is the school had known about this course for awhile and had known how it was being taught and did nothing to stop it and now they are caught in a bind.
     It appalls me that such hate can exist --- I mean, this guy taught a whole class on basically waging war on over 1.6 billion people - the majority of whom don't bother anyone. The majority of whom are chilling at home praying or watching "American Idol" or whatever their country's version of it is ... because God knows that show has taken over the world quicker than any type of extremism I know.
     Hopefully after the investigation into this guy and this class, he will learn that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

You treat me just like another stranger. It's nice to meet you, sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out. You treat me just like another stranger. It's nice to meet you, sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out. Ignorance is your new best friend. Ignorance is your new best friend. This is the best thing that could've happened - any longer and I wouldn't have made it. It's not a war, no, it's not a rapture. I'm just a person but you can't take it. (Ignorance, Paramore)

No comments:

Post a Comment