Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big Time Beauty

     A few posts ago I wrote about the whole YouTube Kate Upton shenanigans and who would have thought that I would be writing about another Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit model within the same month! ... Not me! Especially because I don't really care too much for the magazine, in general ... But when I stumbled upon this article earlier today I was stunned!
     Now I have been following Crystal Renn for years. She's modeled for loads of stores that I have shopped in and I am aware of her consistent up and down weight issues, as well as her battle with anorexia ... AND I worked on a show focused completely around the SI: Swimsuit Edition (heck, I met Kate Upton ... although that photo has never seen the light of day - never pose next to a supermodel ladies ... It never makes you feel good) but I did not even recognize Renn in the photos within the magazine. She has had a complete transformation - to looking generally healthy, not that as a previous "plus-size model" at a size 8 or 10 she didn't look healthy.



     I am happy that Renn seems to have finally taken control of her body and seems to be at a happy and healthy place with herself. The fashion and modeling industry can take a toll on women and it does  not seem like an easy world to navigate so I really do commend her for what she seems to have done here.

We go out to a party somewhere, the moment we walk in the door, people stop and everybody stares. She don't know what they're staring for. She don't know she's beautiful - never crossed her mind. She don't know she's beautiful - no, she's not that kind. She don't know she's beautiful though time and time I've told her so. [She Don't Know (She's Beautiful), Sammy Kershaw]



No comments:

Post a Comment