Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Losing Faith In Humanity ... One Jackass At A Time.

      A 20-year-old man from Belmar, NJ and a 17-year-old boy from Lake Como, NJ have been charged with beating a homeless man after they posted a video of the attack on YouTube.
     I can't locate the video ... But when you hear about things like this, doesn't it make you lose a bit more faith in humanity ... if you're one of the people who have any left. What makes it worse is that at the end of the video ... when the homeless man is left bloody ... one of the attackers shouts back to him, "Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Whatever the fuck you are."

The kid went in for a hug ... then kneed the man in the groin. Nice. Real nice.

     Isn't this the time of year when we are supposed to be a little more loving? A little more accepting? Aren't we supposed to let people merge in on the highway? And throw an extra dime in an expired meter when we see the meter-maid walking up the street??? I mean, aren't we supposed to be helping each other out just a little bit ... even if it's just at this time of the year?! I'd like it to be all year long, 24/7 ... But God knows that's never going to happen ... So let's just make it happen around the holidays, people!
     Maybe I'm just naive or my faith in humanity is just too strong ... But I think we can all be better to each other. So just do it! --- Be a better person for goodness sake.
     Basically what I am saying is ... Don't be a jackass.

I never wanted to say this. You never wanted to stay. I put my faith in you, so much faith, and then you just threw it away. You threw it away. I'm not so naive. My sorry eyes can see the way you fight shy of almost everything. Well, if you give up, you'll get what you deserve ... Why don't you stand up? Be a man about it, fight with your bare hands about it now. (For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic - Paramore)

No comments:

Post a Comment