Saturday, February 26, 2011

Forgive Me, Apple, For I Have Sinned.


If you ask me, people have it too easy today. I came home a few days ago to a flyer shoved on the side of my mailbox that read in giant letters something along the lines of:

Don't have time to go grocery shopping?! Work all day!? 
     Or JUST DON'T LIKE THOSE LINES?
Well, you don't have to worry anymore!
Call me, Linda, and I will be you're personal grocery shopper!
    (and errand-runner!)
Call me at 555-555-5555.

Seriously, have we just gotten so lazy that we can't even handle grocery shopping anymore! We need someone to do it for us?

Well, clearly our grocery lists are not the only things that are getting too complicated in our crazy world. Apparently keeping track of our sins is a little too complicated too ...

A new iPhone app has been released called "Confession: A Roman Catholic App." The app lists the 10 Commandments as a reference but then you can customize it for yourself using your age, sex, and profession to personalize possible sins not already listed.

I don't know about you but I would rather not pull out my iPhone (not that I have one) every time I "lied to my boss" (see video) or lost my temper or stiffed Linda a few cents change on the grocery money ... But that's just me. That's just too easy. Life's a test. That's the way God intended it. 

OH, and on top of that, if you did need this app to remember your sins, why would you need the 10 commandments listed there anyway? Those are some PRETTY big ones. Don't you think? I would think you would remember by Sunday if you coveted your neighbor's wife on Thursday ... Or committed adultery on Tuesday. Just a thought.



PS. You ever notice that all phone numbers in movies and on TV start with 555? ... Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment