Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Random Ramblings: Why I Like Coming Home From NYC


     This one goes out to besties J&J (no, not Johnson & Johnson, different J's) - two lovely people I work with - who offhandedly inspired what I will be calling Random Ramblings. If you have been following this blog for some time now, you know that most of time the entries stem from some current event or some celebrity gossip or whatnot ... But occasionally, it may be nice to just write about whatevaaaa I darn well please.
     So, on that note, I'd like to explain why, while I love love love New York City ... I also adore getting off NJ Transit at the end of the day and coming home to the suburbs. 
     Yes, I like being close to my friends and family and I like having a lawn and all that good, fun stuff ... But what I really love about pulling on to my driveway after a long day of work is that when you live in the middle of nowhere, on a clear night, you are able to look up and see stars. LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM!


     I know it sounds simple ... but I love stargazing. I always have and always will. There have been nights where I just lie on my driveway and stare at the night sky in all its magnificence. Ever since I was a kid, I've been looking up and wishing on stars - some have been granted and others are still on the back burner. Part of me probably thought I was a Disney princess back in the day wishing on those stars, but it doesn't matter. Until this very day, I still wish on the first star I see at night ...
     And, I hope I never lose that little bit of my childhood that I have brought with me into adulthood.

Like a bolt out of the blue, Fate steps in and sees you through. When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true. (When You Wish Upon A Star, Cliff Edwards)


1 comment: